We came across this video recently by Bob Bigelow and Breakthrough Basketball, demonstrating the Steve Nash one-handed passing series drill.
This is a great partner drill that emphasizes ball handling, hand-eye coordination, catching, ambidexterity, and passing. You can also use a wall if you are by yourself.
- Players pair up facing each other, two balls for each pair.
- Progression goes as follows:
- One hand alternating pass & catch.
- One hand high pass, one hand bounce pass.
- Same, using other hands.
- One hand alternating bounce passes and catch.
- Two hand alternating chest pass and bounce pass.
- One ball for the pair, one hand behind back, one-handed pass & catch between partners.
- Same, with opposite hand.